Weekly Garbage Pick-Up
We provide each household with a 96 gallon garbage container. The container is emptied once a week on a regular schedule. Please note the following tips:
- City of Thomasville Residents - On the day of your pickup, we will roll your container to the curb, empty the container, and return it to a location within six feet of the side or back of your home.
- County Residents - On your specified weekly pickup day, roll your container to the curb by 7:00am. After your container has been serviced, roll the empty container back to its storage area.
- Please make sure the lid of your container is completely closed. Otherwise, when we empty the container, the contents of the can may spill into the street in front of your home.
- Because the type of vehicle we use actually grabs the container to empty its contents, we can only service City provided containers.
- Please make sure all of your garbage is inside the container. We cannot pick up items beside or on top of the container.
- Please make sure your container is in an unlocked, safe location that is easily accessible to the garbage collectors.
It is the customer's responsibility to keep their container clean. Please report any problems, such as broken lids or wheels and cracked containers, to the Solid Waste Division.
Curbside Yard Waste Pick-Up
Yard waste pickup service is provided for the disposal of the following items:
- Grass cuttings
- Pine straw
- Shrub trimmings and similar vegetative matter
- Small limbs and trees no longer than six (6) feet in length and four (4) inches in diameter.
We will pick up your yard waste approximately every fourteen (14) working days.
When preparing your yard waste for disposal, we ask that you create compact piles of vegetative matter only. Bagging your yard waste is not necessary, but if you choose to bag the waste, you must use only biodegradable bags. We offer biodegradable “BioBags” at our offices for a small fee. Because of new regulations regarding what can be placed in the inert area of the landfill, we cannot pick up yard waste that is placed in non-biodegradable plastic bags, cardboard boxes, or paper bags. If you need more information about “BioBags”, please call our offices at 227-7001.
Special Trash Pick-Up Service
Have you been doing some serious cleaning inside or outside your home? Or maybe you’re finishing up a construction project on your property. Special trash pick-up service is designed for the collection of white goods (appliances), construction materials, and furniture along with trees or limbs larger than six (6) feet in length and/or four (4) inches in diameter. Along with a fee for the pick-up, there may also be a charge for landfill fees. For a free estimate of your total charges for the Special Trash Pick-up Service, including landfill fees, please call our offices at 227-7023.